Monday 4th January 2021: COVID 19 Patient Update
Our practices in Shirehampton and Chepstow will remain open during the lockdown starting on 5th January and we will see patients for their appointments as planned. If there are any changes to arrangements we will contact our patients directly. Please do not telephone reception unless necessary as we require our phone lines to invite patients into the practice at their appointment time. Email queries are welcome.
Priority is with patients who are wearing braces, but we are gradually starting to see patients on our waiting lists and new patients.
Many things have changed, and we want to reassure you that we remain committed to your safety. We have always maintained the highest standards of infection control. We would like to inform you of the changes we have implemented to reduce risk to you, your families and our staff.
We ask that all patients stay in their car until a reception member gives you a phone call to let you know we are ready for you to come into the practice. Please ensure we have your up-to-date contact details.
- You will be sent a pre-screening questionnaire and medical history form 48 hours before the appointment. This needs to be filled In and returned to us before the appointment. If the forms have not been filled in there could be a delay in seeing you on the day.
- Upon arrival, your temperature will be taken. Any temperature over 37.8 will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this can make readings inaccurate.
- Only the patient having treatment will be allowed into the practice unless it is for extractions. If there is a reason that you wish to attend with your child, please let us know.
- Face coverings and masks are always to be worn inside the building.
- Patients will be asked to sanitize their hands for 20 seconds when they arrive.
- Social distancing must always be maintained in waiting areas.
- We unfortunately have no magazines, toys or games in the waiting room as they can be very hard to disinfect.
- We will try our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting times and traffic in the practice.
- In case of any future lockdown requirements, appointments may be conducted virtually where possible.
- Due to these guidelines we will be seeing fewer patients per day, so please be patient with us.
- We will always be wearing PPE of a mask, gloves, face shield and disposable apron or gown.
- All health team members are screened daily before each shift.
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat and guidelines can change daily, however we have always used universal precautions and will continue to do so.
The team at Smile Solution ltd.